Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sometimes you just get lucky

The last couple weeks I have gotten quite lucky. In my working life of course. Lots has been happening as I find myself meandering through uncharted waters of my new existence here. We finished filming on Saturday after a great week on set, and I have also had many other opportunities fall into my lap. Dog walking prospects, an animation interview and future art department work are all on the table for me.

Moving is quite a scary thing. You uproot yourself to start a completely new life, make completely new friends and commit yourself to gym memberships and newspaper subscriptions. What's even scarier is the feeling that all this has happened and you're actually living in this new life. Today I took my first walk by myself through town in a long time. I started thinking about how nervous and homesick I was when I did similar walks just over 2 months ago. Today's walk was completely different, not only did I have the purpose of buying home wares, but it felt like any other walk one takes in their daily life...it felt normal. And that is one scary feeling. Not a bad scary, a good scary...but scary nonetheless. It is definitely one of those weird feelings.

So when I got home I decided to decorate my apartment...I'm slowly getting the things I need, and some things that just look cool. So I thought I would finally share with you pictures of my apartment (au naturale) and will add some pictures of the area soon.


My hallway...


my front door, apartment A







Living room with new funky space invaders stickers (one of the "just looks cool" addition)


Kitchen area...taken from the couch





Bathroom with more funky cool sticker art


Bedroom...flowers from Richard :p

No comments: