Sunday, September 23, 2007

Living in Manhattan...working in Brooklyn...

Yes, it seems I am doing things a little backwards at the moment. Today is the first day in the last week that I haven't traveled the 40 minute journey out to Bushwick to work on set. I have been loving this week though. It's been so busy and so tiring, but it's great. I've been making friends with a production designer who does a lot of work here and actually gets paid to be a creative (bonus points there!) as well as learning a lot about the production of set building. It's a lot of fun to see something come out of nothing. We start shooting on Tuesday, so finally it's all coming together.

Apart from working, I've just been living the Manhattan life, but putting a little aussie into it. Last night as I was dead tired from a long day (it was a Saturday night mind you) I popped over the road to the convenience store for a snack. I had my thongs, yoga comfy pants and daggy tshirt on, surrounded by people dressed to the nines for a big night out buying their grog. I was amused as I waited in line with my sprite and black and white cookie. It's a little different when you live in an 'entertainment district' where it's go go go all the time...to me this is just my home now. But the positive side to this area is the fact that there is everything you need within grasp. Laundromat two doors down, hairdresser next to that, two convenience stores within a block, two drug stores and two art supplies stores within two blocks. Not to mention the amount of restaurants just down the next street.

I thought the foodworks across the road in my East Brisbane home was spectacular...this is just too much!

I endeavour to take photos of home and the area after filming this week...so I'll post them up and show you just how lucky I got. Until then, some photos of the set, my work and my new haircut.


This is what started it all...





Filmmaking in brooklyn...



My contribution to some of the set...mmmm cupcakes...and uhh...pugs


Daisy got bangs!

No comments: