Sunday, August 26, 2007

Imagine me, pulling a little dog down the street in the pouring rain

So it has been a week since my last post. To be honest I haven't been super exciting as I've been working quite hard on some storyboards for the short film "Cupcake". So I've been busy busy busy in the apartment with the air con pumping. Though the beginning of the week was actually quite cool...especially by Queensland standards! Plus it was wet. And this city really cant handle even a small amount of rain. So again we had flooded basements, streets covered in water and me walking (rather dragging) little Lily down the street to do her business. Fun times though!

I am having fun meeting lots of new people, eating at cool new places, and randomly staying out til all hours of the night. I figure when you don't have a job, you can do stuff like that every now and then. I did have a job interview on Thursday for my favourite store to work as a part time retail assistant and am waiting to hear back from that. Just like apartment hunting, getting a job here is extremely competitive. As with American Apparel (which incidentally I was offered full a time position but turned down as I only wanted part time) to get this position I would need to go through two separate interviews. This first one was a group interview and you have to jump in so quickly or you wont be heard, as Americans LOVE to talk! Plus I had to undertake an "online survey" which really was a disguised psychology quiz. All this so I can sell clothes. Good ones though, it is my favourite store after all.

I also went along to a Dapple Cities gig in Brooklyn. The band were great though Tim did give us the wrong time and we only made it to half the gig...but the bar it was in was sweet. Upstairs it had two bocci ball alleys and gorgeous furniture, downstairs it was a groovy quirky performance area with weird random portraits on the walls, a bookcase unit full of crazy items, like a stuffed two-headed chicken, a big foot print and some sort of dinosaur claw. Strange things to find at a bar, but they certainly kept us intrigued.

In one week I move to my new place. It's very exciting. Tonight Courtney, Alicia and Alaina (high school friends) arrived in the city and we are going to have some fun! So my next post should be a lot more interesting a juicy!


Tracey took these of a cool car in our street



The view tonight from the rooftop...The Empire State Building is all done up

No comments: